Better Results with Ergonomic Office Furniture
Ergonomics is the study of human movement and the designing of equipment that makes the most efficient use of that movement. Ergonomic furniture is better suited for the physical tasks that employees are required to do in their jobs. And that goes far beyond the chairs in which they sit.
Too many people think ergonomic office furniture means odd looking chairs and workstations.
Types of Ergonomic Office Furniture
- Computer monitor glare protectors that reduce eye strain
- Foot rests that improve circulation and reduce stress on the lower back
- Book & document holders that keep your head and neck aligned by removing the need to lean or stretch to read the document
- Computer mice and keyboards that reduce hand strain and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arm rests and foam desk pads keep arms and hands it optimal operating positions
- Desks shaped to wrap around the user, have multiple surface heights for easier access to equipment and are height adjustable to convert from being used in a sitting position to being used in a standing position.
- Chairs help support the lower back and keep the body in the correct position for the desk height
Not only can furniture be more ergonomic, but the layout of an office can be designed more ergonomically, including details like the placement of peripheral equipment, such as a computer printer, in ways that avoid awkward stretching or bending to access and operate them.
What are the Benefits?
Ergonomics is related to improved physical movement, but the benefits go way beyond better posture and fewer strains:
- Higher productivity
- Lower absenteeism
- Higher work quality
- Improved employee retention
- Better health & safety records
- Higher job satisfaction and morale
Start enjoying all the benefits of ergonomic office furniture today, call Formline Sales at 416 726-9407 or Contact Us.
Formline Sales Limited
35 Hastings Dr
Markham, ON L3R 4Y5
Phone: (416 726-9407